Medi-CuppingTherapy is a modernized use of the ancient tool of cupping used traditionally with the art of Acupuncture. This new technique of cupping can be used in the traditional technique but also by using a new form of applications that blends traditional and therapeutic use which can get new and exciting results.
This therapy utilizes glass cups and a vacuum machine to create suction on the body surface. These cups are moved over the skin using gliding, shaking, popping and rotating techniques while gently pulling up on the cup, and are parked for a short time to facilitate joint mobilization or soft tissue release. This suction can reach deep into the soft tissue or can work superficially to pull inflammation and toxins toward the surface so that the skin and lymphatic system can readily eliminate them. Scar tissues often release quickly, despite the age of the injury or keloid tendencies.
One of the most amazing aspects of this modern technique is the “separation” that the vacuum produces in tissue layers. This enables water absorption and renewed blood flow to undernourished and dehydrated tissue, which is invaluable in pre and post-surgery treatments. It is becoming evident that separation of fused, congested soft tissue and increase in tissue function can be a catalyst for change in many current health conditions
Another effective application of Medi-Cupping is in the treatment of cellulite. A very light suction provides drainage, while heavier application can be used to stimulate circulation, liquefy deposits of solid bloat and loosen adhesions or “dimpling.” Successful and enjoyable body sculpting and contouring is possible, with lasting results and many health benefits!
Treatments using Medi-Cupping include a revolutionary face lifting and drainage treatment and we can use magnetic micro-cup treatments for the body and magnetic reflexology for the feet and hands. The magnetic equipment is showing great results in the treatment of scoliosis, old and new injury sites, along with neuropathy and pain common with diabetes, multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia, edema, sciatica and more
Medi-Cupping can comfortably:
- Decrease or relieve pain and inflammation from injury or chronic conditions.
- Relieve deep muscular issues and reduces muscle spasms.
- Release and soften scar tissue and loosen post-surgery adhesions.
- Lift and stretch soft tissue to separate fascia and restrictions.
- Increase range of movement and flexibility in joints.
- Promote healthy circulation and open the energy flow of the body.
- Move stagnation and enable normal lymphatic flow.
- Enhance any athletic training program to improve performance.
After you Medi-Cupping Session
- Drink plenty of the purest water you can find
- Do not exercise until the next day
- Avoid chills, drafts or excessive heat for 4-6 hrs.
- Avoid hot showers, steam, sauna until next day (use warm water)
- Do not receive other bodywork for 48 hours as this could overload your system or complicate the work that was done.
- Remember that Massage Cupping therapy starts working on opening lymphatic pathways for those who have “solid bloat”, debris and congestion, or specific trauma to the tissue, often with dramatic results.
- Subsequent sessions clear deeper layers of old congestion and restriction to effect significant change in conditions.
- Skin discolorations reveal old blood trapped in the tissue and will dissipate between 1-4 days.
- Call your therapist with any questions you might have.
- Burning sensations can occur and have often indicated a renewed blood flow to the tissue or natural separation of old adhesions in the fascia.
- Tune in to the messages your body sends, including a change in sleep patterns, appetite, thirst, mood, energy, elimination of fluids and solids, how clothes fit, digestion, breathing capacity, pain levels, endurance, recovery time